Wednesday, December 8, 2010

BetterOats Multigrain Hot Cereal

This is how I knew I was getting old--I woke up one morning and I wanted to eat oatmeal...voluntarily. It's quite a blow to your ego when you're forced to admit that the speed at which your body runs is more correlated to your fiber intake rather than your caffeine intake. I don't think I care to get into anymore detail about my ever dwindling physical appeal, so I'll get right to the oatmeal. Man, this is depressing. I'm writing about oatmeal. I might as well start trying out adult diapers, denture cream, and letting you know what Care Centers have the best Bingo. Okay, back to oatmeal...smoatmeal...double-boatmeal...here goes oatmeal...
BetterOats has appealing-looking boxes. This is the first reason I tried this product. I also like that they contain individually packed servings. They are microwavable. The pouch doubles as a measuring cup for your water. They come in interesting flavors. And they actually don't taste that bad. They are made of some good stuff, for example, the Chai spiced Oatmeal contains organic oats, flaxseed, quinoa, barley, rye, wheat, and "natural flavor" (whatever that means). That's a whole lot of old people ingredients, so you know it's good for you.  It's also a good source of Omega-3, and I hear I need to start worrying about Omega-3 at my advanced age. But here's the good news: They make a Dark Chocolate flavor. And it's made with REAL chocolate, not carob, not that fake chocolate flavored WAX that those other cereals are touting as food. It's got chocolate chips, cocoa, and cocoa butter (and as I read the label--chocolate liquor!! Who knew breakfast could be this good?), so you know it's going to have some legitimate flavor. That sounds great, right? Well, it's certainly not bad for oatmeal. You should try it. At your age, you can't afford not to.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh!! I haven't had the chocolate flavor! I have to try it! I am OLD!

    ReplyDelete