Friday, January 21, 2011

Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake

Before you ask, yes, I ALWAYS eat my lonely, pre-made, microwave lunches off a real plate with a healthy garnish of fresh parsley. It's what civilized people do. Only cavemen eat their microwave dinners from the plastic container they nuked them in. Okay?
I want to tell you about my favorite thing, Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake. I am pretty sure this is what actual and authentic Mayans ate, because it is delicious. Kashi makes an excellent frozen entree. The Mayan Harvest Bake is a revelation. It's all natural, it's VEGAN (which I also am, for select meals), it's got 18g of whole grains, 8g of fiber, 9g of protein and a million g of flavor. I feel so healthy and eco-friendly when I am eating this. The stigma of eating a microwave dinner, all alone, in front of the TV, in your underwear, totally dissolves for Kashi's treasures. Instead of appearing to be a socially-impaired slob, I look like an enlightened yogi while consuming these. They are great for my image. But most importantly, it is delicious. It is made with plantains, black beans, sweet potato, kale, 7grain pilaf, amaranth, polenta, and spicy ancho sauce, all sprinkled with roasted pumpkin seeds. It's sweet and spicy and satisfying and makes me love Oregon. It makes me want to go hug a tree for dessert. They are so good, I would TOTALLY pay $7.99 to have this in a restaurant (of course, then I would also expect a side salad with house dressing, a refillable bread basket, and cloth napkins, but the fact remains).
I think you should try this, but if it doesn't sound like your thang, honorable mention goes to Lemon Grass Coconut Chicken and Tuscan Veggie Bake. Kashi makes a bunch of these things and I have been impressed with all the ones I have tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment