Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pssssst! Dry Shampoo

Pssssst! I've got a secret. Don't tell anyone, but I did not wash my hair today. What's that? You can't tell? That's because I used Pssssst! Dry Shampoo. A couple weeks ago one of my fb friends mentioned something about being grateful for Dry Shampoo in her status update (Thanks, Courtney!). When I read her update, the scales fell from my eyes and I suddenly remembered that 10 years earlier I had embarked on a quest for dry shampoo and had never fulfilled my mission. Somewhere along my quest I must have been hypnotized by the greasy hair siren and lost my focus. But at long last I was free to search again. And it didn't take long to find, the first drug store I checked had dry shampoo in plain sight. And several to choose from. How could I have missed this fine product? Well, I don't know, but it's on my must-have toiletries list from now on. My friend was right, what a blessing in a can! Love the stuff. Dry shampoo is a spray on product that does not require the use of water to remove excess oils from your hair. It does not replace that clean feeling that comes with washing your hair with water and liquid shampoo, but it sure does great in a pinch. When I tried it out on my day-old 'do' I got instant volume and movement. No more oil. Nice powder fresh smell. I was pleasantly surprised how well it worked. My hair looked great, like I had actually taken the time to wash it! But there were a couple of negatives to note:
If you have dark hair, you might get a white powdery residue if you spray too closely or too copiously.
Hair feels a bit powdery and may lose some of it's shine.
You can go through this stuff FAST. It seemed like the can went from feeling full to not-so-full really quickly.
I had to reapply after 6-7 hours for more volume (but hey, clean hair goes flat too!).

I have to say my favorite thing about this product is the volume factor. I have really heavy hair and finding a product that gives instant volume is a huge bonus for me. I could just use it daily as a volumizer at a fraction of the price of my normal root booster. And here's the biggest secret: I might just switch to washing my hair every other day, but you will never know!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally going to buy that and try it! I use baby powder sometimes when I'm really in a hurry, but this product sounds better. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think of it!!

    ReplyDelete